I’m about to take y’all to church with this blog – the irony, I know. The good Lord knows my heart though! Now, I don’t know about y’all but I am just about tired of the people that I work with on a daily basis.
I don’t know if it’s just me, but for some reason I do not think everyone is fully aware of the reasons as to why I go to work from day to day – a paycheck. I get it, I know there are some people out there who go to work everyday because they are passionate about the work that they do and they believe that they are called to do whatever it is that they are doing. If this is you, kudos to you and be sure to count your blessings. However, that is not my situation. I is tired; I is over-worked; and I is underpaid.
So here we go:
1. Meetings that should’ve been emails: I am so tired of these pointless a** meetings. I mean seriously, if you just need a moment to socialize or to feel as if you have real friends, then go to a bar. Who knows, you may even get lucky. Regardless, I for one, do not feel the need to waste one to two hours of my life with these dusty people.
2. Fundatory activities: Look, if it ain’t written down in my contract and/or a part of my job duties and responsibilities – don’t expect to see me. I do not know who these people think I am, but the last thing I want to do is spend my expendable time with them.
3. Thinking that we are friends: There is nothing that I hate more than extra friendly people in the workplace. Courtesy, cordiality, and manners are alway great and they make for a welcoming work environment. However, you expecting me to hangout with you on a weekly basis once the clock strikes 5pm is downright disrespectful. I am not your friend boo, we just work together – there’s a difference. Just let me live and work in peace and all will be well.
4. Shady emails: Let me start off by saying this: If you are feeling so bothered to the point to where you feel the need to CC/BCC my supervisor or anybody else in the department in order to make me look bad or to make a point, I suggest that you also go ahead and “@” my name on Twitter because your sentiments are just the same. Also, while you’re at it, be mindful not to let your ‘Twitter fingers’ get the best of you and get you embarrassed. I work 8 hours a day, not 24.
5. Contacting me when I’m off the clock: I am fully aware that there are a number of workaholics in the world. However, I feel like it should be clearly stated that I am not one of them. To be completely honest, I don’t even really like y’all. With that being said, y’all really got me f#@%ed up if you think I am going to have a prolonged conversation about work and I am not getting paid for it. Write me a check or get out my face.
If you feel my pain or anything similar, be sure to share, comment, and tag a friend. Also, we wan’t to know ‘why the people at your job got you f* up’?
– Signed, @ToBeHer__